View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Time's Eye 
NitroForum Oldster

Post Re: Time's Eye
The 1994 Puppet Masters has popped up from time to time on cable premium movie channels. I actually thought it was fairly decent until the final 20 minutes.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Heinlein Nexus

Brain Eaters was a Corman rip-off. RAH sued, got a settlement out of court, iirc, and the matter was sealed.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm
Centennial Attendee

PeterScott wrote:
beamjockey wrote:
PeterScott wrote:
To be fair, a more appropriate comparison would be with Destination Moon. That was a decent flick in its day, and George Pal a decent director.
You misspelled "Irving Pichel."

Wups. I used to be fuzzy on the distinction between director and producer when I was young and sometimes it still carries over. Thanks.

Since the usual default is to refer to a movie as "Don Director's Title of Movie," I'm a bit puzzled why a few producers seem to receive the privilege-- "Pete Producer's Yet Another Movie Title." George Pal is definitely a member of this elite group.

For example, googling for "Byron Haskin's War of the Worlds" gets me 264 hits. Googling for "George Pal's War of the Worlds" gets me 20,500 hits.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

beamjockey wrote:
PeterScott wrote:
beamjockey wrote:
Wups. I used to be fuzzy on the distinction between director and producer when I was young and sometimes it still carries over. Thanks.

Since the usual default is to refer to a movie as "Don Director's Title of Movie," I'm a bit puzzled why a few producers seem to receive the privilege-- "Pete Producer's Yet Another Movie Title." George Pal is definitely a member of this elite group.

For example, googling for "Byron Haskin's War of the Worlds" gets me 264 hits. Googling for "George Pal's War of the Worlds" gets me 20,500 hits.

Marketing. Jerry Bruckheimer has turned his name into a recognized "brand." He claims that his name on a movie ups the revenue 30%.

Rob

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2