View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome 
PITA Bred

Post Re: Welcome
The NYRSF web site seems to run out about a year ago, listing issue 249 (May 2009) but nothing newer. I'd be interested in seeing Sanders' essay if it can be sent my way.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm
Heinlein Biographer

JamesGifford wrote:
The NYRSF web site seems to run out about a year ago, listing issue 249 (May 2009) but nothing newer. I'd be interested in seeing Sanders' essay if it can be sent my way.

Erm . . . urm . . . I haven't heard back from Mahoney about a link to it, and I believe the link and signin information he gave me was supposed to be a one-time special thing.

That reminds me, though of something that has been slipping through the cracks (a lot of cracks recently -- no cracks, please!). I skimmed the comments from the Centennial thread to make up a treatent for the next issue of the Journal of a Centennial report and have a first pass at something that looks somewhat satisfactory to me. Is there some way I can post about a dozen pages of PDF here so that people can look at it and comment?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 am
PITA Bred

Re: PDF pages here

Yes, I remember you raising the question in email - sorry, I have more cracks here than solid surface these days. You can either send me the PDFs and I'll park them somewhere you can link to, or I can set up an ftp folder you can poke and pull files from and link as you please.

You could also create a page on the wiki and poke files in there. I'm not certain how well it handles external links, though.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 am
PITA Bred

BillPatterson wrote:
I haven't heard back from Mahoney about a link to it, and I believe the link and signin information he gave me was supposed to be a one-time special thing.

Not looking for anything illerjittermet here - just curious what Sanders had to say about ARC, when and if. I find it odd that their web site simply stops more than a year back.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 am
Heinlein Biographer

JamesGifford wrote:
Re: PDF pages here

Yes, I remember you raising the question in email - sorry, I have more cracks here than solid surface these days. You can either send me the PDFs and I'll park them somewhere you can link to, or I can set up an ftp folder you can poke and pull files from and link as you please.

You could also create a page on the wiki and poke files in there. I'm not certain how well it handles external links, though.

I thought about the wiki and then thought it probably wouldn't handle pdf files very well. Maybe so.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Heinlein Biographer

JamesGifford wrote:
BillPatterson wrote:
I haven't heard back from Mahoney about a link to it, and I believe the link and signin information he gave me was supposed to be a one-time special thing.

Not looking for anything illerjittermet here - just curious what Sanders had to say about ARC, when and if. I find it odd that their web site simply stops more than a year back.

That bit is easy enough -- he thought your incompetence theory for Hugh Farnham was not "wrong" but "overstated." He (Sanders) seems to circle more around "loser" than "incompetent."

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3