View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Photography 
NitroForum Oldster

Post Re: Photography
Peter- the omission of anything regarding the f/stops is a glaring error !! controlling depth of field is integral in many cases to making good photos! yep even knowing what the camera set itself at would have been welcome- anyone know if the nikon D60 has the same problem?

I'm planning a digital (10mp or better)SLR purchase in the near furure and am beginning the necessary research regarding this ! also want to be able to shoot fully manually !!! including focus- hate surprises :shock:

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:12 pm
Heinlein Nexus

Nick - sure it displays the aperture and everything else (except focus distance); I want it to tell me what the near and far limits of depth of field are, since it must know where it's focused. The DOF preview mode isn't as precise as I'd like. It does have a fully manual mode, BTW.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 am
Profile WWW
PITA Bred

FWIW, I don't think one camera in ten does such a thing. None of those I've owned do.

Several have had a button or lever to force the aperture closed and preview the DOF the camera would see on the shot that's set, but I never found it very useful.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4