View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Frakkin' awesome 
Heinlein Biographer

Post Re: Frakkin' awesome
James Gifford wrote:
Well, frag it, I guess I'll have to add BG to my Netflix queue. We try to keep one "short feature" in our stack so that we can watch something to unwind without committing to a movie. We finished Sopranos, we're almost done with the nth watch of B5, I think we'll rewatch Carnivale again, and then we'll tackle BG - in and around the new season of Mad Men.

I do prefer series to be complete so that I know I can watch the whole thing at whatever pace I like. Mad Men is the first thing to have sucked me in to real-time (okay, time-shifted) watching in almost two decades. We completed the first season on disc just in time to record the first of the second season, and now I am bouncing with impatience for the almost-dint-happen third season to roll. A very, very strange sensation for me. :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I've never been all that sure about BG. God knows one episode of Heroes was all I could ever stand in a lifetime - what wretched old-network crap.

There's a new series in pilot that's somewhere between Mystery Men and The Specials - I am looking forward to that.

You guys might like Chuck, which has just been cancelled at the end of its third season. Goofy premise, part spy, part comedy, and part sf (meets The Office). Set in the Pasadena BuyMore (Best Buy). Nuff said.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:35 pm
PITA Bred

Post Re: Frakkin' awesome
We've got less time than usual for our short-stuff evening watching, so we're just now winding down to the last few B5 episodes. ("Pleased to meet you, Mr. Garibaldi." - *shiver*)

We were going to give Carnivale a rewatch next but I found the first season of BSG for $19 and bought it rather than do the Netflix crawl... so we'll probably be watching the miniseries pilot by late this week.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2