View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
FACE it 
PITA Bred

Post Re: FACE it
Oh, I'm thinking more of the housing price bubble, where even as the crumble started and you could see in between the component molecules of the balloon's skin, the profets were shouting that the rise had only just begun. How could so many loud voices be, you know, wrong?

I throw a little at speculative stocks for various reasons. Done well so far. I have one just about to ripen; I didn't invest because I believe in the company or product, but I believe hysteria will spike the share value, at which point I will dump it and move on.

FB never had a chance. Not a chance. I think it's going to go down as a Dolly Parton.

You know, a bust of legendary scale.

Tue May 29, 2012 4:44 am
Heinlein Nexus

You must love where FB price is now, Jim; and now this: The same newsletter I quoted before says:

Quote:
When the California assembly drew up its budget $91.3 billion budget for this year, it made a fantastic assumption on the revenue side of the ledger.

It assumed $1.9 billion of income tax revenue from Mark Zuckerberg and other company insiders exercising options or selling shares at an average price of $35.

This morning, FB teeters on the edge of $20.

If "the lower share prices persist through November and December, hundreds of millions of dollars of income-tax revenue assumed in the state budget plan are at risk," says a report from the state's Legislative Analyst's Office.

We're still wrapping our heads around the idea that California was counting on one company to cover $2 out of every $100 it would spend…

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

JamesGifford wrote:
Oh, I'm thinking more of the housing price bubble, where even as the crumble started and you could see in between the component molecules of the balloon's skin, the profets were shouting that the rise had only just begun. How could so many loud voices be, you know, wrong?

They often are, or so I find. I do better if I am *very* selective who I listen to on any important subject. "The public" ain't on that list.

Quote:
I throw a little at speculative stocks for various reasons. Done well so far. I have one just about to ripen; I didn't invest because I believe in the company or product, but I believe hysteria will spike the share value, at which point I will dump it and move on.

That works. I just never felt right taking the money from fools. :/

Quote:
FB never had a chance. Not a chance. I think it's going to go down as a Dolly Parton.

You know, a bust of legendary scale.

;P

Actually, IMHO Dolly Parton did NOT go down as "a Dolly Parton", not as you define it. I can't stand country music, and over-made-up women drive me nuts. And Parton can't act any role but Dolly Parton. However, she acts "Dolly Parton" superbly well. (Just rewatch "9 to 5" for an example of that.) ;)

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2