View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
rare Heinlein books and global prices 

Post Re: rare Heinlein books and global prices
Bilboleslie wrote:
Well said.

I was obviously speaking from the point of view of a fan. I think someday Hollywood will take note, and then the value of our first editions will go up.
I picture Citizen of the Galaxy as a four part movie series... Thorby as a beggar, as a free trader, as a guardsman, and then as the Rudbek of Rudbek. Citizen may be my favorite work, even though it is classed as a juvenile work.

I think that that is a great idea, although, I think a four-part tv mini series would be a better fit. I don't see each part as having enough meat to be a full length movie.

I am going to float this idea to my son, who has worked in movies, written plays and directed them.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:39 pm
Profile WWW

I am a writer. Ask him if he needs someone do a screenplay. Biggest issue is, are the rights available?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

I would *love* to see a miniseries based on Citizen of the Galaxy! :-)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Profile WWW

Bilboleslie wrote:
Citizen may be my favorite work, even though it is classed as a juvenile work.

CotG apparently is my favorite among the "juveniles" also. I discovered RAH when I was 10 [and I just hit my allotted three-score-and-ten this year]. Don't remember when CotG first came out [hardbacks were out of my lunch money range], but IIRC it was the late '50s. It is the one I have reread the most - to the point that I have almost memorized it. :shock:

jeepojiii

Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Likewise, hence my appellation. I discovered Citizen in my school library at age 12; there was no other way for me to read it - the Ballantine paperback editions of the "juveniles" were about a decade away.

The Heinlein Archives manuscript bears the same relation to the published version of Citizen that the 1990 Stranger in a Strange Land bears to the 1961 version - that is, the same sorts of tightening up on a sentence-by-sentence basis.

Some day I'd like to own one of those 1957 hardcovers, but other priorities await.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3