View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Other RAH forums? 

Post Re: Other RAH forums?
JusTin wrote:
sakeneko wrote:
I'm not really an RHFer at all; I discovered this group/crowd on SFFNet and have been lurking for years and occasionally posting on the SFFNet Heinlein Forum group. I'm an avid reader whose favorite fiction tends to be SF, and Heinlein is one of the half dozen SF writers I find myself rereading time and again.

Sounds like a fair dinkum cobber to me! Even if you don't self-identify, you can't escape. :roll:

;P (They have everything in their Smilies collection *except* a face sticking its tongue out. Darn.)

I'm a genuine enough Heinlein fan, just not an RHF denizen of old.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
PITA Bred

sakeneko wrote:
;P (They have everything in their Smilies collection *except* a face sticking its tongue out. Darn.)

Sez you. :P

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm

James Gifford wrote:
sakeneko wrote:

Sez you. :P

ROFL! I didn't see the tongue -- was looking for something long and pink and unmistakeable, not just a wide-mouthed smile.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Heinlein Nexus

sakeneko wrote:
I didn't see the tongue -- was looking for something long and pink and unmistakeable

Okay, that's enough of that kind of talk...

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:45 am
Profile WWW

ROFL! Men! ;P

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:54 am
Profile WWW

Jack Kelly wrote:
All the more important to keep this forum alive, me lad. It's God's own work you're doing here.

I wish some of the anarchistic RAH fans that used to dominate AFH and occasionally show up the "old" NitoForum would come back. It's beginning to feel a little like an echo chamber here.

You'd be surprised who's lurking around out here in cyber space. It's like echoes of the past for me to eavesdrop, but in a good way. If I have something worth saying, I reckon I will, but for now it's just dandy to watch surreptitiously. BTW, little James Valentine Michael is now three years-old and thriving. Daddy Drumbo is rapidly approaching 54, and I've got my hands full - but, RAH is never far from my thoughts and always in my heart. Thanks to you all for paying it forward and keeping the discussions going.

"There's a Divinity that shapes our ends ... Free will and predestination in one sentence and both true. There is only one real world with one past and one future as it was in the beginning is and ever shall be, world without end, amen."

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Drumbo wrote:
Jack Kelly wrote:
All the more important to keep this forum alive, me lad. It's God's own work you're doing here.

I wish some of the anarchistic RAH fans that used to dominate AFH and occasionally show up the "old" NitoForum would come back. It's beginning to feel a little like an echo chamber here.

You'd be surprised who's lurking around out here in cyber space. It's like echoes of the past for me to eavesdrop, but in a good way. If I have something worth saying, I reckon I will, but for now it's just dandy to watch surreptitiously. BTW, little James Valentine Michael is now three years-old and thriving. Daddy Drumbo is rapidly approaching 54, and I've got my hands full - but, RAH is never far from my thoughts and always in my heart. Thanks to you all for paying it forward and keeping the discussions going.

Good to see you and great to hear about the kid. Fifty-four is the new thirty. Well, the new fifty-three then.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks Will, it's good to be seen. I haunted AFH for many years and although I wasn't much of an anarchist, I suppose I stomped my share of trolls, perpetuated my share of goofball discussions and made friends who left a void when marriage and fatherhood imposed a falling away of all sorts of netizenship. Reading is a vice not as easily abandoned and with every new writer I sample, I appreciate RAH all the more and revisit his worlds often.

Little Valentine Michael takes after his pop (a lot of noise and little substance), and he's developed a healthy love of books and although his introduction to Heinlein is still a few years away, he's become an authority on Dr. Seuss and looks forward to nightly story time.

"There's a Divinity that shapes our ends ... Free will and predestination in one sentence and both true. There is only one real world with one past and one future as it was in the beginning is and ever shall be, world without end, amen."

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:45 am
NitroForum Oldster

Cute kid!

Drumbo wrote:
... with every new writer I sample, I appreciate RAH all the more and revisit his worlds often.
Yes. As my own perspective lengthens, I appreciate more and more the SF writers who weren't just filling the paper between magazine or book covers, but who did it right or at least attempted something neat.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4