View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
Heinlein on Facebook -- The Heinlein Society facebook page 

Post Re: Heinlein on Facebook -- The Heinlein Society facebook pa
I have my doubts on this because of the drawing shown to illustrate.

Where in any of Heinlein's books was there a 2-headed woman with 3 breasts?

Is that a play on Joe-Jim or some kind of reference to Laz-Lor?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Heinlein Nexus

I'm not seeing the picture you're talking about. Is it in the ~2 minute video at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/erg ... -graphic-n ? I like the pictures I see there.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

I believe the picture David's talking about is further down the page if you keep scrolling down you should see it. It doesn't look like any of Heinlein's specific characters but rather just a SF generalization. There are also some very good drawings on this site of characters that do come from Citizen of the Galaxy.

I signed up for the least expensive book I saw. Two of my grandsons are too young for Heinlein's books but would like picture books. This might be just what I've been looking for. Wish they could be available sooner than 2014.

Cheers. John Seltzer.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 pm
PITA Bred

Why is a Heinlein graphic novel series a Kickstarter project? Or do I need to ask?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Heinlein on Facebook -- The Heinlein Society Facebook pa
This is the Heinlein Facebook page post from: February 22
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Heinlein-Society/140041782704862

This statement is the last sentence in a letter RAH wrote to a business friend of his; Armand B Coigne. It was written in 1946 and RAH is referring to a statement from Jeanne Cartmill about humanity trying to blow itself up with nuclear weapons. RAH says we humans will not be stopped in our quest. The survivors will continue.

"No, old Friend, you and I were meant to rove the stars; no little chain reaction will stop us."

333 looks in 8 hours.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 am

This is the Heinlein Facebook page post from: January 17
[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Heinlein-Society/140041782704862
[/url]
The Heinlein Society shared a link.

Remembering Virginia "Ginny" Heinlein... April 22, 1916 – January 18, 2003. "Heaven is where Margrethe is."

The Heinlein Society | An organization dedicated to Paying It Forward

New Treasurer – John Tilden was elected to the Board of Directors as new Treasurer of the Heinlein Society. Welcome, and thanks, to JT for

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:56 am

[quote="thinker"]I believe the picture David's talking about is further down the page if you keep scrolling down you should see it. It doesn't look like any of Heinlein's specific characters but rather just a SF generalization. There are also some very good drawings on this site of characters that do come from Citizen of the Galaxy.

Since I don't have a Facebook account to log-in to, I guess I'll never see the picture that David is talking about. And since I will never have a Facebook account, I guess John's "Heinlein on Facebook" thread will need less of my attention than the other threads in the forum. By that I mean "with the exception of other Heinlein Form denizens contributing non-Facebook comments to something John called our attention to."

[Edit added closing quote mark. Sigh.]

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm

thinker wrote:
I believe the picture David's talking about is further down the page if you keep scrolling down you should see it. It doesn't look like any of Heinlein's specific characters but rather just a SF generalization. There are also some very good drawings on this site of characters that do come from Citizen of the Galaxy.

The one I saw definitely related to RAH as the only color portion of it showed a young boy with the number 97 on his arm, derived from "Lot 97", the auctioneer announced, "a boy" and the character behind him has the long ears of the 'dandy' from Syndon IV.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Heinlein Nexus

jeepojiii wrote:
Since I don't have a Facebook account to log-in to, I guess I'll never see the picture that David is talking about.

Au contraire, just go here. The target of the link is not on Facebook.

The video shows several pictures that are not from CotG. I really like the ones from Starship Troopers and Glory Road. Have they appeared before?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
The video shows several pictures that are not from CotG. I really like the ones from Starship Troopers and Glory Road. Have they appeared before?

Some of the pictures are familiar others are not. I don't know. I like Have Spacesuit - Will Travel

If I understand the entire project includes many more of Heinlein's books than just Citizen of the Galaxy so that's why there are so many different pictures. I hope the project reaches it's target.

I'm sorry there's a reluctance to visit FaceBook. Myself, I'd go anywhere to support Heinlein. For me It's not about the media, It's about Heinlein.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next