View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What would RAH think about "GUN COTROL" 
NitroForum Oldster

Post Re: What would RAH think about "GUN COTROL"
PeterScott wrote:
You just described my own position more succinctly and earthily than I could have. Nicely done.

Thank you, every once in a while I get it right.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:21 am
PITA Bred

TexasScot1952 wrote:
And no one will ever convince me that any civilian needs an "Uzi- type" weapon.

The logic behind the arguments that civilians 'need' military-grade weapons is some of the most twisted and absurd in any national debate.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:17 am

Does anybody read my other postings ? Of course CIVILIANS need millitary weapons. How are we going to defend ourselves against the aliens I'm expecting to come out of hiding in the near future and take over this MESSED UP human race. This HEINLEIN UBERMASTER human race will rise to the occasion and fight these nasty beings who have the audacity to think they are better than us! Homo Sapien the highest and best race in the universe. Isn't that what our aborigines thought until we showed up not too long ago in their part of the jungle?
Or should I say GALAXY!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:47 am
NitroForum Oldster

if i've learned anything from reading RAH, it is that humanity will persevere and triumph-in a set piece war versus an advanced alien technology humanity would lose- while we may lose an initial war, unless totally obliterated, we would prevail - why? because these invaders would lose a war of attrition- mankind will not be mastered :)

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 pm

The real tragedy is Human beings can't concieve how dumb we really are. We are proud to Lord our mastery of the universe. But if we are so smart how come we cannot even wrap our mind around the simplest concept in the MATHMATICAL progression-----infinity!!!!
We play games with Shroedinger's Cat and cute inventive names for particles we have no idea what the hell they really are. Remember Plato said if horses had GODs they would be horses. A limited finite mind is only so capable. Regardless if it's Hawking or a minimally functional special needs child. We are a race of YAHOOs which is why we have so many noble failures. Oh yeah, we did walk on the moon and send robots to Venus and Mars. How much more than LEGO's is that in the true observation. I've said before I say it again Homo Sapenians are a kindergarten class without supervision or training. RAH had the vision to see past what we are and offer templates or thoughts that might help us get a leg up. But we know it's just Science Fiction BS. I make my presentation to this group because at least youse guys have gazed apon the holy words of what just might be true. I may be Paranoid but if I dissappear remember I tried to tell you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:51 pm
Heinlein Nexus

Peyote. It's not just for breakfast any more.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Centennial Attendee

CharlesO wrote:
We play games with Shroedinger's Cat and cute inventive names for particles we have no idea what the hell they really are.

I may have no idea what they really are, but those quarks, neutrinos, p-bars, pions, kaons, muons, and the rest have provided me with a nice living for many years.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

PeterScott wrote:
Peyote. It's not just for breakfast any more.

Exactly. I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords, who promise free health care for all of us (until age 30). Mushrooms work much better for connecting with them--they're only a few years out right now. It does take quite awhile to travel from Sirius.

They told me in a vision they would Serve Man.

"There comes a time in the life of every human when he or she must decide to risk 'his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor' on an outcome dubious. Those who fail the challenge are merely overgrown children, can never be anything else."

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 pm
Centennial Attendee

RobertPearson wrote:
They told me in a vision they would Serve Man.

"It's a cookbook!"

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
NitroForum Oldster

that from a twilight zone script wasn't it ?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next