http://www.heinleinsociety.org/thsnexus/

Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)
http://www.heinleinsociety.org/thsnexus/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100
Page 4 of 5

Author:  BillPatterson [ Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

BillMullins wrote:
Destination Moon was adapted into a comic book a couple of times.

Fawcett did a one-shot in 1950 (script by Otto Binder, art by Dick Rockwell and Sam Burlokoff), which was reprinted by Charlton in 1956 and again in 1958. DC Comics did a shorter version in Strange Adventures in 1950 (script by Gardner Fox and art by Curt Swan and John Fischetti).

Did Heinlein know about these? Was he involved in them? Did he condone them? Get paid for them? Care?

I don't see any reference to either Fawcet or Charlton in the Accession Notes. He did quite some business with Fawcett over the years after WWII

Author:  BillMullins [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

BillPatterson wrote:
I don't see any reference to either Fawcet or Charlton in the Accession Notes. He did quite some business with Fawcett over the years after WWII


What kind of business? Fawcett did comic books, paperbacks, and popular magazines.

Author:  BillPatterson [ Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

BillMullins wrote:
BillPatterson wrote:
I don't see any reference to either Fawcet or Charlton in the Accession Notes. He did quite some business with Fawcett over the years after WWII


What kind of business? Fawcett did comic books, paperbacks, and popular magazines.

They are responsible for a number of papeback issues in the 1950's and 1960's; by rough count this is the majority of the business. Don't see much comic book activity, though. And of course Fawcett-Columbine bought the American rights for TNOTB

Author:  BillMullins [ Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

BillMullins wrote:
Destination Moon was adapted into a comic book a couple of times.

Fawcett did a one-shot in 1950 (script by Otto Binder, art by Dick Rockwell and Sam Burlokoff), which was reprinted by Charlton in 1956 and again in 1958. DC Comics did a shorter version in Strange Adventures in 1950 (script by Gardner Fox and art by Curt Swan and John Fischetti).



Add one more -- not an adaptation, but an article with photos.

Author:  PeterScott [ Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

OMG, it's Captain Science! He's armed with physics!

Author:  beamjockey [ Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

PeterScott wrote:
OMG, it's Captain Science! He's armed with physics!

But not a shirt...

Author:  darkumbra [ Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

Just found this link
http://www.life.com/image/3398770/in-ga ... 2#index/10

Stills from the movie DM

Author:  darkumbra [ Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

Hmm... I doubt that this has escaped those on this forum... But just in case?... Did you know that all of DM is on youtube? Just search for 'destination moon'

Author:  jeepojiii [ Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

darkumbra wrote:
Hmm... I doubt that this has escaped those on this forum... But just in case?... Did you know that all of DM is on youtube? Just search for 'destination moon'


It escaped me. But then the only time I ever visit youtube is when someone describes a clip that strikes my fancy and provides a link to it. As you have just done. Now that I just filed my taxes via e-file, I have the rest of a boring evening nursing my fractured ankle [which now has me effectively homebound and wheelchair/walker bound big time - when you're my age, if you've gotta break something, make it something in your arm, never anything below the waist] to check the youtube DM out. Thanks, darkumbra.

Author:  beamjockey [ Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Script: Destination Moon (Opus G.073) (1948)

darkumbra wrote:
Just found this link
http://www.life.com/image/3398770/in-ga ... 2#index/10

Stills from the movie DM

The final photo in that series, the guy floating above the surface and hitting a golf ball, is NOT from Destination Moon-- as a careful comparison of the moonscapes will reveal. It was shot ten years later by the same Life photographer, Allan Grant. I don't know who it is or where the moonscape comes from.

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/