View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Centennial: R.I.P. 

Post Re: Centennial: R.I.P.
Hi,

Just wanted to say a belated thanks to everyone involved in the Centinnial. It was one of the best cons I've ever been to.

Rosie

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 pm
Heinlein Nexus

Hi Rosie, welcome!

I feel exactly the same way. I wish all the cons could be like that.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

Rosie wrote:
Hi,

Just wanted to say a belated thanks to everyone involved in the Centinnial. It was one of the best cons I've ever been to.

Rosie

Is this Heinlein Forum's (longest continuous Heinlein internet group in existance, ahem!) "combat librarian" who I have pictures going full rock-and-roll with an AR-15 in the backwoods of Oregon with some no-chin "Deliverance" types as range-masters?

"Hey, if I'm going to pass on the timeless wisdom of the ages in a Sig, that pretty well qualifies, in my experience." --Geo Rule

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Centennial Attendee

If it is our Rosie P., then belated Happy Birthday as well....

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Geo,

Yes it's Rosie from the Heinlein Forum. (also the combat librarian) I've been lurking here for a while. I still haven't figured out how to get some things to work. How are you doing?

Rosie

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 pm

JT

Thanks. Have you heard from Bytor? We have the same birthday so I wondered. How are you doing?

Rosie

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 pm
NitroForum Oldster

Jim Gifford, it's been six years for Christ's sake! Will you please release the videos, or at least give them to someone who will produce and then release them?

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Centennial Organizer

JackKelly wrote:
Jim Gifford, it's been six years for Christ's sake! Will you please release the videos, or at least give them to someone who will produce and then release them?

Jack, it's the verge of 7 years now. 7 years ago today I picked Peter and Tim up at the airport for the Centennial.

This year I acquired a Virginia Edition -- something I never thought I would do seven years ago -- I didn't even look at the display back at the Centennial. In these years we have lost friends and seen others not so beloved onward into the next life.

It would really be nice to see it after all this time.

The Centennial will remain a happy memory. Anyone who wants to try again does so with my best wishes.

Tina

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:53 pm
Centennial Attendee

TinaBlack wrote:
Jack, it's the verge of 7 years now. 7 years ago today I picked Peter and Tim up at the airport for the Centennial.
This year I acquired a Virginia Edition -- something I never thought I would do seven years ago -- I didn't even look at the display back at the Centennial. In these years we have lost friends and seen others not so beloved onward into the next life.

It would really be nice to see it after all this time.

The Centennial will remain a happy memory. Anyone who wants to try again does so with my best wishes.

Tina

Heck, I'm starting to worry about videotape degradation. Maybe we should fund a Kickstarter to show Jim the funds are there to get them digitized, and all he'd have to do is get them to a copy service? Or just take donations on a dedicated fund for THS towards that purpose (no cut to Kickstarter that way)?

I understand that life gets in the way, though. Hard to believe it's been 7 years already. Thanks again to the KC fans and the Committee that made it happen!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Heinlein Nexus

The videos are and always have been digital, and there are multiple geographically separated copies. And yes... Life does get in the way...

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next